Small business insurance for virtual offices

Nina L. Kaufman, Esq.

Nina L. Kaufman, Esq.

An award-winning small business attorney in New York City, Nina is a sought-after professional speaker and Entrepreneur Magazine online contributor. She is the go-to counsel for knowledge economy and creative companies, delivering legal services and educational resources that save them time, money, and aggravation.

Posted on May 17, 2015 in Business Essentials

Q.: What type of small business insurance is needed for a virtual office situation that spans more than one state?  My small business is an S-Corp with employees in Florida.

A.: Regardless of your form of business entity, having small business insurance provides another important level of protection. There are various kinds of small business insurance that you will want to consider.

First of all, there’s general liability insurance, which protects against claims for personal injuries or property damage in your virtual office space. Depending on the range of services you may be providing to your virtual office customers, there’s also professional liability insurance which addresses errors or negligence that you (or your virtual office employees) may commit in providing services.

As a small business owner, your state may have requirements for the kinds of business insurance have to be in place for your employees–such as workers compensation, disability, and the like.

Because the amount of coverage you may need in the premiums you will pay can vary widely, you’d be well advised to speak with a small business insurance broker who can help you map out a plan for solid small business insurance coverage.

Here are more law questions about small business insurance.


To get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox, enter your email in the box below:

back to top