Will You Go Big or Go Home?By Nina Kaufman, Esq.
WHAT THE $%^&!?!” I screamed, as I slammed down the phone receiver. “I HATE THIS!! I CAN’T KEEP DOING THIS CRAP ANYMORE!”
Can you say “meltdown”? Yeah, I had one last month. Triggered by technology. The frustrations. The convolutions. The glitches. All of it pulling me away from making money … and all of it costing me time and money.
I felt like a little frog who had tried so hard to climb up and out of a well, only to have a pug-nosed kid poke at me with a stick and push me back down. I felt defeat. “Why bother?” I asked myself. “Maybe I should pull back and keep things simple.”
Let the pity party begin! (Bring out the cupcakes!)
It lasted about 10 minutes, when an unexpected guest arrived: Awareness.
She said, “Sure. Go ahead. Retrench. You’ve done that before. You know what’ll happen if you do it again. You’ll amble along. And then you’ll feel stuck. Overwhelmed. And your business won’t grow any further.”
“But … but …,” I started to rationalize. Awareness cut me off.
“Stop babbling and listen,” she said. “You can keep doing exactly what you’ve been doing, and you will get the same results. You’ve seen that over and over. That. Will. Not. Change. So you have two choices. Go big … or go home.”
I’m choosing “big.” Because I’m fed up with “home.” Here’s what 2015 will bring:
- Migrating to InfusionSoft software, so I can stay in touch and follow up better
- Launching a new podcast, Business Breakthrough. This will be a weekly program featuring interviews with successful entrepreneurs who are using and sharing smart tactics to create a self-sustaining business
- Expanding my strategic partnerships to boost deal flow
- Improving by business systems so I’m not wasting time scrambling around for files and information
- Delegating even more to my VA team, and increasing their workload.
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite posts as you think about the year to come: “What Can You Stop Doing?”
What will the New Year bring for you? Post a comment below and let us know what’s in your plans.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Merry New Year, and Blessed Festivus!
Like what you read? Watch this short video to learn who we serve best.