Get Your Piece of the $200B+ Government PieBy Nina Kaufman, Esq.
Listen to the Episode Below:
One of the challenges of having a small businesses is getting leverage. This can be done with government contracts, which give you access to bigger entities and bigger deals. It’s a 200+ billion pie! Don’t you wanna piece of that?
On this week’s episode, MWBE growth specialist Jean Kristensen shares a road map to navigating the government contracts scene.
Get Your Piece of the $200B+ Pie…
- Federal, state, and local, governments buy way more than just fighter planes and construction services. They’re buying what you’re selling. They spend billions every year on architecture, engineering, marketing, human resources, and consulting services.
- Did you know the government discloses how it spends every penny? You just need to know where to look. This episode will show you how to identify the departments and agencies whose needs are best aligned with the services you provide.
- If you’re a small, minority-, woman-, or veteran-owned business, governments have set-aside opportunities just for you. Take advantage of the tools and certifications available through Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), WBENC, and 8A business development programs.
- Consider teaming up with other small businesses. Working with collaboration partners can give you access to larger contracts you may not have been able to handle on your own. Research and screen your collaboration partners so you know exactly who you’re working with.
- Government contracts are the ultimate in steady, stable cash flow … if you understand their pay schedule. Design a cash reserve that gives you time to float the contract until payday.
Want a real-world example? Tune in to this episode of Business Breakthrough to hear how government contracts helped scale Jean’s family security business into the millions with a multi-year contract!
A small business and MWBE growth specialist, advocate, executive coach and trainer, award-winning Jean Kristensen is a woman on a mission to help others achieve their mission. Through her firm, Jean Kristensen Associates, Ms. Kristensen has coached thousands of businesses and individuals in sourcing opportunities, forming strategic alliances, marketing, government contracting, and workplace wellness. Best known for her expertise in MWSBE certification and outreach, she helps small, minority, and women owned firms grow—and helps large companies connect with viable, quality MWSBE partners. Jean Kristensen Associates is a certified MWBE with many agencies including the Women Business Enterprise Council, NYC Small Business Services, Port Authority of NY and NJ, the NY/NJ Purchasing Council and the Greater New England Minority Supplier Development Council.
““How you do anything is how you do everything.” ~ T. Harv Eker
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Want to learn more about Kaufman Business Law? This is the video to watch.