How to Maintain Quality Control as You DelegateBy Nina Kaufman, Esq.
Listen to the Episode Below:
One of the great fears for creative business owners is that if they let go of the work, no one will do it as well as they do. (As a lawyer, I know professionals have an additional fear: malpractice). But if you want to grow, you can’t keep it all on your plate. So what can you do?
In this interview, copywriting agency founder Jean Tang explores how she shifted her business vision—and workflow process—to free up her time and play a more strategic role with her clients.
How to Maintain Quality Control as You Delegate
- Losing sight of the big vision for your business, and getting bogged down in the weeds
- Shifting your focus … and recognizing your role as the business leader (not do-er)
- Business growth triage: which process to systematize first?
- How to maintain quality control, especially when working with a dispersed team of freelancers
The visionary founder of MarketSmiths, Jean leads her growing team to captivate, inspire, and motivate readers. “Copywriting for humans”: bite-sized, seductive, and jargon-free. She has decalred war—“War Against Bland,” in her highly viewed TEDx talk. She has helped thousands of global clients generate revenue from words (up to 12,000% ROI), and transformed the writing of hundreds of seminar attendees at the SXSW Interactive Festival (2014 and 2015), SXSW V2V (2014), the Small Business Summit (2014, NYC), and other venues.
In addition to writing for publications like The New York Times and New York Magazine, Jean is a law school granduate and piano prodigy. But in her off hours, she relishes Brooklyn eateries, hikes near scenic Hudson (NY) with her boyfriend, and executes challenging yoga.
Words of Wisdom
- I accept pleasure. My experiences are joyous. I move forward with ease. ~ Jean Tang (favorite mantra)
Learn More about Jean Tang
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Can’t listen in every week? Get the Executive Summary for each Cash Out BIG podcast delivered right to your inbox!